Rules of the House
1) Before your dog attends dog daycare, or overnight boarding, a temperament assessment is conducted to ensure your dog is not dog, toy or food aggressive and to ensure your dog(s) is placed in the correct playgroup. You will be asked to leave your dog at The Animals’ House during the ‘Trial Day” for at least three hours. Trial Days are conducted only by appointment. There is a $20 fee for the Trial Day, which will be refunded to you during your first day of daycare or boarding.
2) All daycare and boarding dogs aged six months or older must be spayed or neutered. Documentation from the veterinarian must be provided. Puppies at least 10 weeks old may attend dog daycare provided they have completed their final (third) set of shots (see DHLPP/DHPP below).
3) At the time of the Trial Day, your dog must meet the following health requirements. Photocopies of veterinarian records, including expiration dates, must be provided. Dogs whose vaccinations are not current cannot be assessed or attend day care.
Rabies-The Rabies certificate or veterinarian proof of vaccine must be provided.
DHLPP/DHPP-Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus vaccinations must be current and kept up-to-date.
Bordetella (Kennel Cough) – This vaccination is generally given by your veterinarian only upon request and must be repeated every six months if your dog attends day care or boarding. If your dog has never had this immunization or if it has expired, it must be administered 7 days or more before the Trial Day. The Animals’ House can administer this vaccination upon request.
4) Owners must complete a registration form, and sign and date the Agreement and Release forms.
5) When attending daycare or boarding, all dogs must be free from any illness or disease that could potentially be harmful to other dogs. Dogs must be in good general health and not been treated for a communicable illness in the past 14 days and/or have completed the prescribed antibiotics or treatment. As an example, the dog must not have been treated for mites, mange, conjunctivitis, whip worms, kennel cough, etc. A veterinarian certification of health may be required in some instances.
6) Reservations: Reservations are required for all daycare, and overnight boarding stays. Daycare: If your dog will not be attending daycare on their scheduled day, you need to cancel your appointment by 7 pm the day before your scheduled day. Failure to notify us will result in a $35 “no show” charge.
7) Overnight Boarding: A credit card number is required to hold all boarding reservations. If you need to cancel an overnight boarding reservation, you must do so 36 or more hours in advance of your stay. Failure to notify us will result in a $50 "no show" charge.This policy is to insure that dogs on the waiting list get to join us when space allows.